Sunday, February 13, 2011

WE LOVE OUR STEPHEN

As many of you know. We lost our brother Stephen on Feb 4, 2011 to a battle with depression. I would just like to write a few things about our memories of Stephen. I remember the first time that I met Stephen I remember thinking he was a good looking kid . As I got to know Stephen more I got to know a few more things about him. 1. He was a scholar in the gospel. 2. He was a great missionary and he served with distinction and honor. 3. He would drop about anything he was doing to help us move or do anything Micah asked him to do. On our recent move to Portland him and Micah loaded everything into the truck all by themselves which was a huge job. Stephen always acted like he had all the time in the world to spend with us and he was a great uncle. Payton and Treyson love him so much. Payton said her favorite memory of Stephen is that he would always take her for broom rides like Harry Potter. The last time we saw Stephen he was putting paytons shoes on the stair case and flying her around on the broom while she was trying to catch her shoes in the air. Treyson also had a love for Stephen. He always would ask where Stebus was. It was extremely hard to have him still ask for Stephen. We have suffered a great loss but we believe that Stephen did so much good in his life and that he will be a missionary in heaven and he will be watching over us. We Love you Stephen and will see you again someday. Below is a poem that Jessica, Stephens sister wrote it is great.
Angel
In loving memory of

Stephen Rick Scott
June 4th, 1987 – February 4th, 2011
By: Jessica Scott Case

I cannot tell you how many tears I’ve cried, since the day I found out my brother died.
It seems impossible, although I know it’s true, everywhere I go I’m reminded of you.
I thought I felt you wrap your arms around me today, and I could hear your voice so sweetly say, “Everything will be okay.”
I realize your life here on earth is through, but I remember the man you were so honest and true.
Such an amazing example not to mention that light about you.
I love you brother, and that’s how it will always be.
I will smile as I wake every morning knowing there is an angel watching over me.

No comments: